Hi, I’m The Socialprenista™ …
I am a woman social entrepreneur (a la ‘socialprenista‘), and currently in the final stages of pursuing my B.S. degree in Human Resources/Training and Development (something I’ve wanted for a looooong time–will be done by next Summer!) from Mercer University.
I’m a little nervous, a little anxious, and EXCITED to get this thang D-O-N-E!! It was a dying wish/ request/ demand from my mother a few years ago, so what BETTER time than NOW to make her proud?!!
On another note…
The same year I started my business, I was evicted. I was homeless and lived in my car (which was eventually repossessed), but I persevered…
From that experience, I empowered myself by reading hundreds of books, attending countless conferences and gleaning expert advice. I was originally in business (as Journey Girl, LLC) for 9 years where I taught jewelry-making, self-empowerment, and relationship building tactics to girls and their moms. While I LOVED every waking minute of it,
I felt a pull for something GREATER within me….
April 2013, I became a Certified Personal Life and Business Coach for Women Entrepreneurs, and I am on TOP of the world! I get to speak, encourage, engage with and impact the lives and business of women entrepreneurs on a global scale as I influence their journey to empower others through the work that they do. How awesome?!
This blog is my OFFICIAL introduction to the world as The Socialprenista™ and I aim to share thought-leading tips, tools, and tidbits of professional advice on the struggles of women entrepreneurs, from a Christian perspective [what a mouthful!].
I will share what I have learned over the last near decade with women entrepreneurs who are feeling “stuck” in their businesses and who just need a listening ear to help them gather their thoughts and ‘things to do’ + a shoulder to “cry on”. Together, we’ll eventually GET IT ALL OUT, pick up the pieces, and paint a clearer vision for your business future!
Ummm, the following is definitely OFF topic…
personal and random, but probably worth noting! …
• I am the oldest child and ONLY girl of my mother’s 3 kiddos (it’s hard being the Leader!!)
• I like to organize to de-stress (a minor touch of OCD)
• My idea of “retail therapy” is thrift store shopping and yardsaling! [LOVE It!]
• I was married AND divorced before 30…#NuffSaid
• Been driving since I was 13 (stick-shift baby!)
• I am secretly a “home-body” #Shhh!!!, but I LOVE being “on stage” and teaching in small group environments
• When I walk [for exercise], the world is MY STAGE [I imagine I’m on the catwalk, and I WORK IT!]
• I’m a “THUG” at heart [my favorite rap artists are T.I., Drake, Common, and Dre3000 [CRUSHing HARD!] #AtlantaBaby!
• I haven’t drunk “soda/pop/drank” in over 20 years (scared of the acid and what it will do to my skin!) #weird, I know.
• I HATE when words are misused, misspelled, and/or mispronounced (they’re/their/there, you’re/your, etc)
• Or, statements like “me, myself, personally” are made… *blank stare*
• I was a Valentine’s Day gift from my dad to my mom (my b-day is EXACTLY 9-months after V-day!)
• Fall is my FAVORITE time of year because it is the PERFECT mix of cool weather (I’m an Autumn baby, yeah!)
• I was a vegetarian for 9 months…got BORED with the food options and went back to meat #Regrets!
• I DREAM of being the voice of a cartoon character someday [that would be SO COOL!]
• I highly anticipate using my passport soon to travel to a Spanish-speaking country [near a BEAUTIFUL body of water] to teach basic English to Spanish-speaking elementary school children [hablo espanol un poquito!!]
• I am a self-proclaimed “Knowledge Knerd” (I LOVE learning/ discovering NEW information!)
•I collect NEW and exciting-sounding types of tea (bags) from different places #weird, okay!
•I can ALWAYS guess-match at least one voice of an actor on ANY animated movie!
Well, with THAT being said…
I welcome you all to my NEW blog, as I share the SECRETS of being The Socialprenista™; business advice for women entrepreneurs all over the world! I sure hope it serves a purpose for where you are on your business journey right now.
I also welcome you to connect with me outside of the blog [and in-person if you happen to be in the area!].
Till NEXT time…